I'm looking to expand my Pagan, Heathen, Wiccan, Witchcraft library. Any suggestions?

I have a ton of Wicca/Paganism "101" kinds of books, plus the Encyclopedia of Spells and Spirits books, Advanced Witchcraft, Shamanic Witchcraft, and a few more that are slipping my mind right now. I have about 20 total, but I'm always looking to expand, so any suggestions are welcome :)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know if you consider some of these "101" or not, but they are a "MUST HAVE" for any Pagan library:

The Urban Primitive: Paganism in the Concrete Jungle
    Drawing Down the Moon: Witches, Druids, Goddess-Worshippers, and Other Pagans in America
    The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Law of Attraction
    The Study of Witchcraft: A Guidebook to Advanced Wicca
    The Circle Within: Creating a Wiccan Spiritual Tradition
    The Well-Read Witch
    The Veil's Edge: Exploring the Boundaries of Magic
    Aradia or the Gospel of the Witches

Hope you find some you like.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:04 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have the entire set of books by Konstantinos (Mainly Nocturnal Witchcraft) Those are pretty interesting.
    Wiccan Beliefs and Practices by Gary Cantrell.
    Pagan Ways by Gwydion O'hara...
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 9:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I like the ones from "Moura" Green Witchcraft 1,2,3
    the ones from "McCoy" Celtic Myths & Magick and Celtic Womens Spirituality ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I like the Moura's Green Witchcraft series but skip the Grimoura. It's just a repeat of what's in the first three.
    Uncle Bucky's Big Blue Book, inaccurate but best 101 book with a decent lesson plan.
    The Farrar's The Witche's Bible. Great text for Wicca and coven work.
    The Golden Bough, Aradia, The Gospel of the Witches and The Witch Cult in Western Europe are both historical sources for the modern Pagan movement but are historically inaccurate. Worth having as reference.
    A good meditation handbook is helpful, as is one on guided visualisations.
    Crowley is a good read. Some are hard to get, but gives a good basis in magic if you can work his riddles.
    Beyond that, pick a craft, herblism, divination, energy work, spell craft; narrow down what you like and devote your time to learning it. There is no need nor time enough to learn all of the crafts.
    I'm very fond of Watson's Practical Solitary Magic.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2010