Would it bother you if...

A guy you liked was five years younger than you and at least one foot shorter?

To me, they don't matter because he is such a great guy. He has a few habits I don't like, but nothing that would be a deal breaker.

I just worry about the age difference. I have been tall all my life and he has been short all of his. Other people notice it, we don't.

Imagine Popeye and Olive Oyle. Well, you get the picture.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 9:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• If he's someone you enjoy being with and can see yourself falling head over heels crazy in love with, then you can't worry about what the rest of the world thinks of the age or size issue. If you're worried about what everyone will think, then it sounds like it's something that you couldn't live with maybe. You have to ask yourself how YOU feel about it, not how everyone else feels about it.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 10:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think if you let the world bother you and you need constant acceptance from the outside then yes it would bother you. Buut if you are sucure in your relationship and the two of you are happy with one one another then it shouldnt bother you at all. It is about you and him.... screw what any one else thinks or feels about your relationship. They are not in it.. you are. Do what makes you and your partner happy =) Good luck!
    NewMommie333

Answer by NewMommie333 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My SO is six years younger than me. I don't have a problem with the age thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• A foot shorter than me would be 4'2. He'd be a dwarf! That's the same size as my 9 yr old. That would be creepy! His being 5 yrs older would pale in comparison to his height.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I don't like younger guys and I like a man taller than me.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• we all have our preferences. personally, i like tall guys, at least 6'...if he was 1' shorter than i, he'd only be 5'1''..and like a pp said, it'd feel like i was with a kid.
    but you date who you like!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2010