How Do I...

How do I explain to my siblings that they make me feel unwanted in the family? I've always been the "peacekeeper" and don't feel I can do this any more.

Robsmommy

Asked by Robsmommy at 9:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I TRULY WISH I COULD ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR YOU. BUT UNFORTUNATELY I'M IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU. I HAVE PLAYED THE "PEACEMAKER" ROLE FOR SO LONG THAT I'M JUST EXHAUSTED OF IT ALL. JUST GIVE IT UP HONEY,LET THEM MAKE THEIR OWN PEACE,IF THEY WANT IT IF NOT JUST BACK OFF. BECAUSE SOMEHOW,SOMEWAY IT WILL END UP TO BE YOUR FAULT. I KNOW,BEEN THERE DONE THAT. SORRY I COULDNT BE MORE HELPFUL TO YOU. LOVE YA LOLA
    misslj

Answer by misslj at 10:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• just be blunt and tell them..sit them all down and explain your feelings..if you cant do it in person write them all letters and mail them..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Honestly, I think if you feel unwanted, when you bring this up your siblings are going to most likely tear into you. (A little family history with my mom and her siblings is why I say this). My advice is just to remove yourself from the situation. Don't rearrange your schedule to please them when you have something planned. Don't give in when they want to change something that works for you. And when they are in a disagreement, stay out of it. As for feeling unwanted, when they stop seeing you as their door mat they'll start to treat you with respect. GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2010