Wedding ring

im 8 months pregnant my fingers are swollen and had to take my wedding ring off it got stuck so i didnt want to put it back on. I told my husband it hurts my finger and i didnt want to leave it on for the fear of having to get it cut off. My husband is very upset by this and said hes not going to wear his. I put it on necklace and am wearing it around my neck but he has said something about itevery five minutes since iv taken it off. how can i get him to be more understanding?

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow. Wearing it around your neck is a great solution. Ask him if he'll wear his around his neck, too, if he wants to take it off. If it won't fit you it won't fit, that's the way it is. Ask him if he'll go with you and pick out an inexpensive ring that you can wear temporarily on your wedding ring finger, you'll get it in a larger size so it will fit you now, and later on you can wear it around your neck as a memory of your pregnancy, and you have it for future pregnancies, too.

Answer by Bmat at 9:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• say well dang you know what Im PREGNANT! What am I supposed to do? If this is a case where hes worried about someone else wanting you or something I mean really hello you are preggo obviously you are taken or in some type of relationship....other than that If i were you I would just tell him fine if you would like to act childish go ahead I have an excuse whats yours?
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• He is being an immature a**. It happens with pregnant women and I think you wearing on a necklace is great.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• wth, you're pregnant. tell him to chill out
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Gotta agree with jorjiegirl. He's the one with the problem, not you. I'm sorry DH is being so insensitive. Good luck,Hon.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Explain to him that if he insists that you wear your rings with that much swelling you will probably end up with NO FINGER or HAND to wear the ring on. When I was pregnant my husband and I went together and bought a plain gold band to wear --- solved the problem. To a lot of people the ring is very important but what's more important the ring with no finger or the finger to wear the ring.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I like Bmat's suggestion. Get a bigger cheap ring to wear while you are swollen. Explain to him that it's only 3 more weeks; the baby will be born, and you can wear the original again.
    sjsbusybunch

Answer by sjsbusybunch at 9:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• He should be understanding and realize that due to pregnancy weight and swelling you are not able to wear your rings at this moment in time. It will not last forever, you will be able to wear them again. He has no reason to be an immature childish jerk who feels he has to 'do back' to you and not wear his ring. I think the necklace idea is a good compromise! If he does not like it -- too bad! Maybe you should get him a ring 2 sizes too small, cram it on his finger and tell him he HAS to wear it 24/7 and cannot ever take it off. Maybe then he will see what it is like and he will shut up and stop being a jerk about it!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• What about getting a temporary wedding ring that is a size or so bigger?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010