I'm 8 months pregnant and my husband and I got in a arguement this morning. As one thing lead to another, I made a comment and he shoved me back making me fall. Immediatly after he got down and started apologizing as he helped me up. He swears that he'll never do it again but I feel like leaving him b/c I don't want my baby to have to witness that incase he does it again. Should I leave or give him another chance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is this the first time??? Did you get physical with him first?...not that that is alright or justifies what he did. Things can get tense with hormones, and then when the baby comes, it's very very stressful.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think the two of you should maybe consider marriage counseling or something to find out the root of your anger with each other.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• leave now!!!! it will only get harder later
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Only you can answer that, but I agree with 2Blonde...was this the first time that has happened? If it is, you need to demand that you both go into therapy for couples counseling to learn to communicate better and he needs therapy for his anger issues.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If he has done it before than I would leave but if not then discuss why it actually happened.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 9:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• That is sooo not okay!! He could have hurt your baby!! I would temp. and see how he reacts and what he does. Do you really want to take the risk of him hurting you or your child again?

In most cases if they do it once, they will keep doing it. Has he ever pushed you or hit you before?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My husband did that once a few years ago. He has not done it since. I don't believe that they ALWAYS do it again. HE may have been overly upset and not thinking. I would give him another chance and maybe think about counseling.
    Anonymous

• Is this the first time he has put his hands on you in anger? Did he seem shaken and upset with himself when he pushed you? Do you think he is truly sorry he pushed you? Do you trust him when he says he will never do it again? If it were me I would give it serious thought--- do we get along, how often do we argue, do I trust him, do I believe him when he says never again? If we have a good relationship (overall) if I did believe him and think he was truly sorry and that he would not do it again I would stay and give him 1 more chance. But heaven help him if he broke his promise and put his hands on me (in anger) again!
    If he has put his hands on me (in anger) before, if I did not think he was truly sorry and if I don't trust him not to put his hands on me again then I would pack up and leave him.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Only you can decide. If I were in your situation I would leave him...but that's only because I cam from an abusive home & I know that it was a constant cycle. Good luck.
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 10:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I laid the rules with DH on our 2nd date. I said word for word- do not hit me, if so you will not be seeing me any more . After a few years I reminded him after seeing a couple fighting somewhere and I said still stands hunny, if that happens I'm out. And the kids.
    This is one thing I will not stand for. Or see someone else stand for either. Ill be arrested protecting a stranger who. Has been hit by a man. If he cannot control his anger with your hormones then what's he going to when 6 month old is throwing food? Or 15 month is pullimg everything off coffee table, or 22 month spits at him and thinks its funny? Get some counseling. If not keep an exit plan handy just in case.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2010