Vitamins after pregnancy

My son is 4 months old now. Should I still be taking prenatal vitamins or a regular multivitamin?

tabarker76

Asked by tabarker76 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Health

• That is a good question. I never thought about it before, but perhaps now that some time has passed that your body is going back to they way it used to be, then regular. But then again it has been 20 years since I had my last baby and they may have you on prenatals for 6 months now.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 9:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• prenatals if you are breastfeeding. otherwise any daily vitamin is good.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If you are breastfeeding you need to keep with your prenatal. Otherwise, a standard daily is fine.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• my midwife said to just stay on the prenatls....they r very good for you and they have folic acid in them which really needs to ALREADY be in your body if you concieve again....i know youre prob not even close to thinking about hat right now and trust me i feel ya but there is no need to go off of the prenatals...
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I went off my prenatal after my son ws born 5 years ago and I feel sort of droopy and tired and my doctor suggested that if I wanted to I could stay on my prenatals,I feel more energetic now deling with him at 5 then when he was 5 months old.All the viamins you need arein those prenatals than the multivitamins so I'm going to continue them even though I don't want no more children but I need to be physically,spiritually,and mentally here for my 5 year old son because he's ADHD and a handful so keep taking the prenatal next to the multivites and you'll see a big difference.
    mommys1luv

Answer by mommys1luv at 11:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Unless you are always getting the required amount of fruits, veggies, lean meats, and never eating junk or exposed to chemicals that deplete vitamins; you should be taking a daily supplement of both vitamins and minerals -- and omega3 fats too.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2010