moving days-

a while back my sister was moving and I was joking with my mom how long it would probably take her since she has so much stuff.

my mom went on 'she has 10 boxes packed!'
I knew what it was-
talked to my sister and asked her how she was doing. she went on to talk about those 10 boxes she had packed!

my suspicions where confirmed.
it was the boxes she never unpacked from the last time she moved!
I usually have a few boxes still packed from previous moves.
anyone else ever done that?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a few in boxes, but they are papers, old school stuff...as in books, but that's about it. If they weren't in those boxes, they would be in a rubbermaid box. WHY OH WHY don't I just get rid of it. No clue LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We moved around so much that we got rid of about half our stuff. By the time we moved last time, I was so sick of packing and unpacking, and we were moving not far from the last house. I ended up moving our whole house over about three days with a bunch of laundry baskets! I loaded them up in the old house, drove to the new house, unloaded them all, putting everything away, and drove back to the old house for the next load. By the time I was finished, we just had the furniture left for our actual moving day, and everything was already unpacked. I really dread the day we end up moving again.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I plan on staying here so I don't have to clean out the attic or the basement.I'm sure I have boxes that I haven't looked in for the last 30 years or so.I keep saying--"One of these days"Gee,I wonder when that day will come.....
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No, I LOVE to de-clutter and yard sale or donate everything as soon as I don't need it anymore! Now, my husband , on the other hand, is a bit of a pack rate, but I have relegated all of his boxes of things he can't part with to his man cave in the basement and separate (hidden) storage area! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I could use you at my house right now! I hate organizing- not my strongest talent!
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010