Drinking while pregnant.

What did you all think of the study the UK recently did about women drinking while pregnant? Its not something I plan to do...just interested in opinions!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11476456

CayShek

Asked by CayShek at 10:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• idk but i still wouldn't risk it.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 10:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• my radio station mentioned this yesterday..or the day before, and i was sooo appalled by this...ya know, great, they think theres no effect whatever...but its just giving woman (especially woman with a drinking problem who end up getting pregnant) an excuse, and i think its disgusting!!!! having a baby is a wonderfull thing, last thing we need in this world are woman drinking while pregnant!!!

alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• dang one or two units a WEEK? that's crazy. i dont know why any pregnant woman would want to drink that much.

i had an amnio done on my 22nd birthday and i was 22 weeks pregnant, and the doctor that did it told me to go out and have ONE celebratory drink afterwards in celebration of my birthday and the succesful amnio.

that was the one and only drink i had during the entire pregnancy, and it was a glass of sangria! im sorry but i just dont see how drinking once or twice WEEKLY does not affect an unborn child.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Ugh, I find it horrible. I don't care what that report says.. 11,000 IMO still isn't enough people to test. I would NEVER!!. The risk is just way too high...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Rule of thumb: Better safe than sorry.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think it's ridiculous. If I did this and something was wrong with my baby I would blame myself forever. I wouldn't want to take that risk.
    bensmum25

Answer by bensmum25 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I didn't read the article but I wouldn't drink while pregnant.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:30 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I'm in the UK and I'm training to be a midwife, the advice we give women is that its better to not drink alcohol during pregnancy but that if the woman wants the odd glass then its her personal choice, the troube is over here we have 2 big heath organisations who give conficting advice. One says don't drink at all and the other says no more than 2 units. I'm pregnant also and I wouldn't drink during pregnancy.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 1:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It is their choice
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I'm French and it's very common to drink waterd down wine at dinner. I haven't found any good red wine here ( wyoming) so I'm not going to drink crap wine. lol HOWEVER if I do fine some, I'm not going to be afraid to have a glass here and there. I'm 25 weeks and have been having contractions, wine helps your relax and stops the contractions.
    Eco_Momma

Answer by Eco_Momma at 10:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2010