How to get stains out of toddler's clothing?

Ugh! My 21 month old is a stain magnet! Like 80% of his clothing is stained. Is there a miracle out there to bring them back? I try to pretreat when I can, but I end up forgetting, and then the stains are stuck there. My neighbor got some old stains out of a shirt my daughter had, but I forgot what she used. Any good products out there? Thanks!

workathome01

Asked by workathome01 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I like to use Shout stain remover. It's a gel that you rub into the stain. You can put in on the clothes and keep it there for up to a week before having to wash it. Works every time for me - even spaghetti sauce! :)
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 1:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Umm stop using hot water and use cold, hot sets stains
    Anonymous

• Cover them up with a cute applique.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 3:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Dollar Tree has their own generic version of OxyClean spray and it works wonders! I have not met a stain yet that it can't remove. Even set in stains can be removed. Plus, it only costs $1 a bottle, so you can always afford more. It is what I recommend for any stain, and I have a 3 year old to experiment with!
    ProudAFMamaof2

Answer by ProudAFMamaof2 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• scrub w/ detergent let sit..then wash normaly repeat as needed i have a 6 month old but he can make a mess like a big kid sometimes lol
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 3:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Use Clean and Clear on them... It's made to get oil out and works GREAT! I got spag. sauce out of my sons White shirt... like new!

It works on blood too when mommies have "accdents".

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I read this on another post somewhere and it does work, Dawn dish washing detergent gets all types of stains out.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Maybe this one will sound weird, but my mom used it for our clothes and now I am. It's working great. Make sure you use it only for cotton (80%-100%) clothes and make sure you sort the cloth by color.
    Bring some water and detergent to a boil. Once it starts boiling put the cloth in the big pot and let them boil for 5 min. After that you can add 1/4 cup of hydrogen Peroxide to 2 gallons of water and let them boil for 5 more min. You can check the clothes with tougher stains. If the stains are still there let them boil more. Once done boiling I put them in the washer and wash them.
    Believe me this works. But make sure you use a big pot and only fill it half with water. Be careful when you add the Peroxide, it tends to raise and get out of the pot, By mixing with a wooden spoon you can stop that.
    My friends are using this recipe as well.
    Let me know if you have any questions!
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 1:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• color safe bleach.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I am the mother of two very messy toddlers. I got sooo fed up with pretreating every single stitch of clothing they ever came in contact with. My grandma suggested that I look for a product called 'BIZ'. Thank you Granny! I am so glad that I listened to her and tried it. It is a little expensive but soooo worth it when I factor in all the time I save that used to be spent scrubbing clothes until my hands were practically raw. It's a bluish box in the laundry aisle. I buy it at Walmart. Plus I know with the economy the way it is right now everyone is cutting costs where they can and myself included. I usually use a less expensive detergent but this time I used Tide and noticed a big difference.
    happymommy284

Answer by happymommy284 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2008