What do you feed your babies?

My DD is 10 months old. She wont take the bottle at all anymore so I'm always trying to find new things for her to eat that have good nutrition. The only baby food she will eat is the green beans and she is really picky with everything else. I worry she is not get the nutrients she needs. What do you feed your babies?

JoonBug21

Asked by JoonBug21 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My little one didn't like baby food either, so I got a small cheap food processor and fed her what ever we were having. Just grind it up really good and feed her dinner with you and family. :) I know it worked for us.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 1:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Try a sippy cup and I agree with the PP...puree what you're eating. Have you ever tasted baby food? BLAND.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My almost 10 month old still mostly nurses. I offer solids occasionally and he seems to like broccoli, pears and bananas the most. I make all my own babyfood, which really sounds like more work than it is. I just smash fresh fruits and steamed veggies up a bit. Much healthier than jarred food which has preservatives and other crap you don't want to feed your little one.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 1:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i would also suggest putting her breastmilk(or formula) in a sippy cup. the nutrition provided by that cannot be duplicated with food.

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My 10 month old has 4 8oz bottles, 1/2 cup of cereal, about 8oz of fruit and 8oz of meat/veggies and of course some gerber snacks, probably like 1/2 cup.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My DD is about to be 11 months. But she takes 2 8oz bottles a day. A sippy cup of juice in the morning and a cup of water with dinner. She eats mostly table foods now. No need to puree if they have teeth and can chew. She eats mac nd cheese, hot dogs, pasta, green beans, pizza...umm pretty much anything we eat lol. And she is growing well =]
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Have you tried a sippy cup yet?
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 11:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2008