How do you wait on God to send you a Godly Husband?

I am 34 years old and a divorced single mom of 2 children.I am christian aand go to church.I have been praying asking God To send me a Godly husband.I am lonely and don't date much.When I do,they seem to be wrong for me.I won't settle for 2nd best.Why isn't God doing anything?What should I do?

alisha34886

Asked by alisha34886 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe God wants you to spend some time with Him. Allow Him the chance to make you the best you can be before introducing you to the one He is making into the best husband for you. The best thing you can do is to turn your focus on your relationship with God & what He wants to bring about in you. Continue to pray for your future husband & remember that His timing is perfect. Don't give in to the temptation to settle for less than you deserve. Best Wishes to you!
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You don't!
    Ever heard "God Helps those who help themselves"
    You can pray to win the lottery every week also, but if you don't buy a ticket your prayers will never be answered - get the point?

You bring about what you think about. Get out there and God will put him in your path, but if you're not out there you'll never trip over him!
    PS when you literally trip over him, and you will, email me!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If you find out, let me know.
    I have wondered about that for years.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I do hope you find someone but just because he is Christian doesn't mean he will be perfect. I am just for warning you. Why wait on God? go out there and be yourself.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 2:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• God answers yes, no or sometimes wait. For how long, not sure but he is hearing your cry.
    cynthiaesquivel

Answer by cynthiaesquivel at 2:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2010