i have heard of castor oil to induce you...

how does this work exactly??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• This don't work!! Just gives you diarhhea!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• im still interested in how it works though. im no where near labor lol im just really curious :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• My MIL swears that drinking castor oil put her in labor with my
    BIL but my theory is that the baby will come when he's ready and if he's not the castor oil will just give you the runs.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Let me tell you, I tried the whole castor oil thing & I basically peed out of my butt for 2 days. It was awful!!! However, I was talking to a nurse about it when I finally did give have my son & she said that it does work if you are 2-3 centimeters dialated and 80% effaced. I guess it works by causing your uterus to start contracting. Unless you're truly desperate (like I was) then I wouldn't try it. Good luck!!
    proudmama2772

Answer by proudmama2772 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Try Rasberry Leaf tea and alot of walking!! it really helps!!!
    AshMomToShawn

Answer by AshMomToShawn at 11:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• It is supposed to work my causing spasms of the digestive track. This is supposed to induce uterine contractions. It didn't work for me. My advice is get your ob to strip your membranes.
    amp83

Answer by amp83 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• It makes u cramp like you're having contractions but the only thing you give birth to is a poopy!
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 11:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• The theory is that you drink a bottle of castor oil in turn this will stimulate and contract the bowels and sometimes it will start a chain reaction and stimulate the uterus to start contractions as well. I tried it. Though it did not work for me...(cause I couldn't drink the whole bottle) After nine months of not being able to go to the bathroom I was relieved anyway. It took five days in the hospital and a c-section to get my 10 pounder out of there. This was a week after I drank that god awlful oil.
    TRyan

Answer by TRyan at 3:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i took castor oil at 6 in the evening and i was in the hospital by 4 in the morning, they told me i was in false labor but i stayed and tried to walk and they finally realized i wasn't so they admitted me around 8 that morning and i had him by 12 in the afternoon. he was due aug. 31 and i had him on the 22nd so it did work for me. i took about 6 tablespoons, but i had to take it with grape juice cause it's very nasty.
    drgroves

Answer by drgroves at 4:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2008