birth control or tubal

im 21 years old and i have two kids and i dont know which one i should do... need some help..

Nicky89

Asked by Nicky89 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• You are still young, not many dr's are going to want to give you a tubal. I would suggest a long term birth control. I am 26 and my dr gave me a hard time about getting a tubal so I decided to go with Mirena for 5 years. If I change my mind at anytime in that 5 years I can get it taken out..if I dont I can get another Mirena in 5 years or I can get my tubal then. It is absolutely up to you but if you have any doubts I would go with birth control...there is also paraguard, it is a non hormonal IUD that can last up to 10 years.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It's totally up to you.If your sure you don't want to have anymore kids and don't want the hassle of taking a pill then you can opt for a tubal.They do have IUD's.There good for 5-10 years.I was 27 years old when I had my tubal.
    alisha34886

Answer by alisha34886 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• well i had a iud and i got pg with my son..so the iud is out of the pic. and i dont know if i want to have more kids and that i my problem..
    Nicky89

Comment by Nicky89 (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would NOT recommend a tubal ligation at your age, especially since you said that you aren't sure if you want more children or not. I would have to suggest birth control, at least until you figure things out for sure.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would go with long term BC. I have the Mirena in right now b/c I want no kids. No dr by law can deny you a tubal. But only do it if you are 100% sure you are done having children.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• well my doc is willing to do it and i have it set up for the 26th but i starting to think i don't want to get it done cause of S.I.D.S and my son is only 5 weeks old. my daughter is 20 months old. knock on wood if that would ever happen.
    Nicky89

Comment by Nicky89 (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Ok, I had my tubal (well Essure) done at 21. It took me forever to find a doctor willing to do it. I would not do it until you are 100% sure you are done having kids. That is not something you play around with. You need to be sure.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:01 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• don't do it unless you are 100% sure that it is what you want.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 9:30 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• well at 24, and pregnant with my 5th child, I know that a tubal is not even an option in the military until 25 or 4 kids, but the truth is that children are a gift from God, and by stopping that possibility, you are playing God! not great in my book!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2010