Drifting Apart..

my husband and i have been married 3 years and together much longer. we have 2 daughters 2 yrs and 10 mos. we are just growing apart and i hate it. we fight all the time like we just cant stand each other...the only time we seem to get along is in intimacy. i ahte this i just wanna we like we used to be. and no i dont think he cheating or anything i just dont know whats going,,we are drifting apart and it hurts really bad..like ive already lost the half that makes me whole. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks ladies!

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 10:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Im there too. All I can say is talk to him. It might not solve anything but it helps to know where the other is coming from.
    Anonymous

• some times men drift in and out, its a man thing me and dh have been married 3 years and i usta get really upset when he randomly started playing the computer all the time or wanting to hang with his guy friends, and then we 'd fight and it would get worse, i found if i just leave him alone on those days he puls out of it alot quicker.
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 10:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I been in you shoe thank want you did be fore kids mack time for it at lest one a mouth or get a notbook if there something on you mind and dont want talk about it rite dowe they at end of night swap they talk about it or rite you roust in it have a good day
    witchitamokey

Answer by witchitamokey at 10:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Do you have anyone that could watch your girls for a night? Sounds like you guys need to get away and get reconnected. Go away for the weekend. I think some people get too wrapped up in everything else and forget to take time for each other. When dh and I start getting annoyed with each other we know that it is time for a date night. We also try, when it is financially possible to go away at least one weekend a year.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think you two need to sit down and talk with each other about how you're both feeling. Chances are good he's feeling the same way. Figure out what drew the two of you together in the first place. Try to relive what you had once before and keep it going. This part might sound corny, but it works: try leaving little love notes for each other. Go through your photos of your happiest memories. If you have them posted online, print them out and write a little note on it, reminding him of how much fun you were having in that picture. It will take some time, but it usually works, especially if you want it to. My husband and I don't need to do this, but I'm thinking of doing it anyway. Just be patient, loving, and always supportive. Remember that communication is key to any and every relationship. Good luck.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2010