WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT MY SONS SCHOOL

WELL IN THE PAST 3 1/2 WEEKS MY SON HAS CAME HOME WITH 2 BLACK EYES,LEFT SIDE OF FACE SWELLED AND BRUISED,UPPER LIP BRUISED,HE HAS TO WEAR GLASSES CAUSE HE IS GOING BLIND IN HIS LEFT EYE WELL HIS GLASSES HAVE BEEN BROKEN 2 TIMES IN THE PAST 2 WEEKS I AM GETTING VERY TIRED OF THIS..WHAT SHOULD I DO..

mommasboys001

Asked by mommasboys001 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would go to the schoo, house and raise some hell with the principal and if that doesnt work, take it to the school board..that is not acceptable!
    Anonymous

• What have you done so far? I would be demanding some answers from the principle and if you aren't getting from he or she go to the board.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I agree if you get no results from the school, take it to the board. That is horrible. Poor baby!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Demand a meeting with the princible, Has your son told you who is doing this? If not find out if he willing to talk (make sure you stay calm during the talk) he will be more willing to open up.
    That is totally ridiculous and needs to be adressed, your child cant learn in an environment like that. Good luck
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 3:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Definately go to the school (if you haven't already). Let them know you mean business and will take this as high as you need to get the answers. They can make it easy and cooperate, or be difficult and still have to cooperate in the end (once you talk to the superintendent or even school board). Tell them you will go public (newspaper/tv) about the care your son is receiving at school and how "safe" it is. If you can get your son to talk and tell you who is doing this; I would also speak with the parents. Hopefully it will resolve quickly. (Stupid bullies)
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 5:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Depends on how he got them. If he's playing rough with kids at recess, then that's a different problem than other kids bullying him. Elementary schools are a whole different world then when we were in school, so I'm having a hard time envisioning the old school shake down happening as young as second/ third grade.

Without more info on where the black eyes are coming from, there is no good answer. If he's rough housing with other kids at recess, then the challenge is one that isn't as much the fault of the school.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2008