Is your teenager still a virgin?

There are so many questions on here about dealing with teenaged pregnancy. I'm just wondering if anyone else has a teen who is still a virgin and wants to stay that way til marriage?

ChefMom94

Asked by ChefMom94 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes, my 24 year old daughter and my 17 year old son are both still virgins.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Even though I have tried to teach my children in waiting for the right person. Reality is that kids are sexually activity and I would be stupid not to think that my children are still virgins. I will always encourage them to wait but I also talk about protection and respect to their mates.
    Anonymous

• YES, Thank god.... Hopefully she'll stay like that...
    kerrysmom

Answer by kerrysmom at 2:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• No- and from what I've heard, very few of the kids in her highschool are.
    MysticFerret

Answer by MysticFerret at 4:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• She says she is and I believe her. But do we ever really know for certain? I have encouraged my kids to tell me and ask for bc and condoms BEFORE the act, not after. The older two have so I assume that the youngest will too. She also still thinks sex is kind of disgusting,lol.
    profmom922

Answer by profmom922 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• No, my 19 year old SD has a 10 month old baby. Got pregnant a month before her 18th b-day, dropped out of HS in the middle of her junior year (flunked a year) and now is shacking up with the BF at his parents house. Refuses to get a job and mooches off anyone who will let her!
    Anonymous

• Mine is as far as I know. I want her to stay that way until marriage and so far, so does she. I have know reason to believe she isn't being honest. I realize she may never share with me if she loses her virginity. I do my part to keep it her on track and pray for her to make the best choices for herself.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Yes, thankfully. My girls are 16 and 14. I became a mom just after turning 17 and have been educating them since they first learned about the birds and the bees about why you should wait. Without lecturing - I have taught them about all forms of STD's what they are and what they do to you - and they already through their own lives know how hard it is to raise a child without a proper education and a stable career. They have seen me struggle and now see the difference since I have finished schooling and have a good career.
    On the other hand I told them I will not tell them not to do it, but if they get to the point to where they feel they are ready that they can come and talk to me first. So we can discuss things and make sure that if they decide to that they are taking all precautions. I decided to do this because the telling them not to do it over and over didn't work when I was a teen.
    janie-o

Answer by janie-o at 8:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Mine says she is, and since she doesn't date and really doesn't go out I believe her. She really has a good head on her shoulders and I hope she stays that way when it comes to guys. She says she has too many plans for the future to get involved with a guy like that. She's only 14 so we'll see...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• OMG! These kids today have so much pressure and at this time our imprint about sex has already been molded. She is going to choose with or without your opinion. My son is 14 and he is no longer a virgin. He shared with me the 1st time and I cried because I wanted to savor his innocence and I had so many ideas of how we would share his teen years but it has been nothing like I invisioned. I have a teen that would rather cut off his pinky toe than to include me in his life. Good luck and hang close to her if she will allow you I miss my son.....
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2008