Do you think that bring the layaway plan back into our stores is a good idea?

maryhlangley

Asked by maryhlangley at 1:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Shopping

• I just used layaway for my kids x-mas. I think this is a great idea for those who can't afford to buy all at once, don't want to use credit cards or don't have credit. Some people abuse it and that is one of the reasons why Wal mart got rid of it.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i do! layaway is perfect for all of us average moms for all occasions! since wal-mart doesn't do it anymore i'll have to go somewhere else that does:( that pains me very much! i love wal-mart!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 3:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Would love if stores had layaway again. Now that Wal Mart doesn't do it and KMart left this area years ago - there is no stores here that do layaway
    janie-o

Answer by janie-o at 8:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i think its great...you have to use cash! cash is king! credit cards is what gets people screwed up for buying what they can't afford. with layaway, you pay w/ cash until its paid for...kinda simple and uncomplicated way to purchase something you really want when you can't fork it all over at once, and don't want to use a card(and pay interest!).
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Yes!
    Madalynns_mom07

Answer by Madalynns_mom07 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I used to manage a store (Vanity) with layaway it was horrible. People would put things on layaway and forget about payments, i would have to call send letters, and sometimes people still would forget and i would have to put things back. Then they would get very angry by the time they came in because they lost all the money they paid on it because they where late and there was nothing i could do. I was so happy when the store got rid of it, it was more of a problem than anything. I think for some people it is good thing, but I would never use it.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Our Walmart still does layaway. So does Bargain Store at Christmas. But it's a real hassle to have to stand in line for an hour. I don't think I'll put anything on layaway at Walmart. Bargain Store isn't anywhere as bad. Zellers doesn't have layaway. Most of our stores don't.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 8:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• No I think the free shipping (site to store) for walmart  is more beneficial and more profitable for stores and consumers. Also some banks have a holiday wise club where you can just save money to the side for Christmas.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2008