does anyone know?

I had my last u/s and im measuring 2 weeks ahead, they didnt change my due date but i was wondering if im measuring 2 weeks ahead could i possibly go early? I'm 8 months and this is my first so i have no clue what to expect.

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 10:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My mid-pregnancy ultrasound with my second, I measured a couple of weeks "ahead". Also the case based on fundal height for the last several weeks. I had my baby on her due date. It's all an estimation, and has no indication of how mature the fetus is. It's possible, but not because of measuring early, and more likely that you'll go past your due date.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• *measuring ahead, sorry
    DragonRiderMD

• Ultrasounds at this point are highly inaccurate. The early ones determine how far along you are by development (because the fetus looks dramatically different each week at that stage). At this point, you have a nearly full term baby, so it's going to look like a baby. The measurements at this point are plus or minus TWO POUNDS. That's a HUGE difference in a baby that weighs about 6-7 lbs at this stage! So I wouldn't put too much weight on it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You can go early no matter what. I measured 5 weeks ahead - baby had flipped and I was getting fat!
    The baby is going to come when it comes. Measuring weeks ahead is just a standard, it means nothing.
    Believe me, your baby will probably be BIG for their age until they are 2 years old according to the standards.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I measured about a week ahead, but the doctor didn't change my due date. And my DS still hadn't dropped by 41 weeks. He came after an induction at 41.5 weeks, and was healthy, but probably would have been okay to "cook" a little longer. Let your body tell you what to do. It's hard, especially if you go overdue, but technically, 42 weeks isn't overdue. 40 weeks is just a midpoint. Do yourself a favor - let 42 weeks be your official due date, and don't stress.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 11:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Anything could happen...both of mine were a couple weeks earlyand they measured normal
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No, measuring ahead should not affect your due date.

Anyway, the "due date" is the MID-point within the average (estimated) due period (38-42 weeks).
    You are most likely to have your baby within that range.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• With my first, at 36 weeks they measured him to be 8 lbs!! He was born two weeks later at 6lbs 14 oz. This late in pregnancy u/s aren't as reliable becasuse baby is so much bigger.
    bensmum25

Answer by bensmum25 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My doctor told me u/s can be off by a week or two. So it could be possible

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2010