staying out late

what age did u start letting your teens stay out til 11 or 12?
my oldest 13 dd and 15 ds want to stay out til 11 an 12..but im not cool with that rite now..tho i started staying out to 12 when i was 12yrs old things were a little different then..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 10:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• It had to be something special for our 17-and 18-years olds to stay out that late. Our children mostly entertained their friends at our house, and they usually broke up around 10:30 unless they had started watching a movie, in which case they were allowed to finish watching it. Children need supervision, and to allow them to set their own hours is extremely dangerous.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• they always got friends over but they want to go hangout front with their friends...who live in the houses across the street..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think the legal curfew here is 10:00 for kids under 18, so we follow that as a guideline. I am not sure what teenagers could do that was safe/ok after 10 around here anyways ;)
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 10:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• we have local bands that play to 3 am for teens on the wknds...6pm-3 am..but i live in DC area i think its just to dangerous for any child to b anywhere after sun down round here
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Last night my 8th grader and friends went to a professional haunted house.He had heard the details from his older sis and brother.We did not go through it with his group.There was two cars of four kids each,one of girls and one of boys.This was to re-enforce the not a date aspect any way the parents stayed in the area at a Starbucks.The kids thought they would be there till 11 or 12 LOL The moms agreed 7 to 10 was late enough for middle school kids and were lucky to do that.So 11 isn't happening with this crowd for at least year.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:00 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• that would make sense in a group...they dads have been calling complaining that im babyfying them...cuz i wont let them stay out that late like we use to do..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My youngest is 12 and he is only allowed out until 10.
    My older son is 16 and depending on the circumstance I make allowances but typically curfew is 11:30 or 12.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:48 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Im in san diego and our local law is anyone under 18 has to be in by 10:30.... no "hanging" around just for the heck of it.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• we have the same law but they dont want to just hang out..they want to sit at afriends house..i dont trust that just sitting at a friends house bit..i need to b able to see what the enviorment is like any given day.
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010