Have you ever been so fed up you just bail on everyone? I just did...

I was at my moms, my mom always has a double standard, if I do anything even slightly offensive to her, even if it's not, she blows up at me, if someone else says the same thing it's funny. So we had one of those situations today.
Then she started yelling at me in front of my child.

Then I just walked out the door and waited for my hubby, when he finally comes outside he is blaming me too, yelling at me, or shall I say rasing his voice. So I just said, you know what IM DONE.

Gave him our child, got in the car and drove all of the way home. Now he's stuck at my moms, I figure they can have fun blaming me for everything while I sit at home. I might even go out tonight just to blow off some steam.

I am so tired of being part of this family. Now they keep fkn calling me. I don't know what to do. ADVICE PLEASE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Noo...BUT I have felt like it!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I'd talk to your husband about it , sounds like the thing with your mom is affecting you and your DH.
    but I think you did the right thing at least for now.
    walk away, and calm down.
    hang in there- we've all got things like this in our lives.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Your mom shouldn't have acted like that in front of your child. That was uncalled for. Your DH should have stood by you no matter what. That's the first time I've heard that the DH took the side of his MIL.

When he gets back home you should discuss it with him, but not in front of your child. Do it calmly. I would tell him that if he sees you go outside again that you are ready to leave, with no questions asked.

Do you know why your mother acts differently towards you?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:23 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• She has always been like this to me. No matter how timid I have been, or even when I make a stance, she is always like this.
    She doesn't even bother me that much in this situation, I have been done with her for years, I was just there to see my sister honestly. But what bothers me the most is him. He is still over there, he can't get back because your son still has to be in a carseat so he is stranded until I drive all the way out there to get him.

I talked to him on the phone and he was just like "Well, Life happens. It happened get. Over it." So He can have fun over there, I'm going out to the bar with my friends tonight, supposed to be out the door already...addicted to CM.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• After he gets home, sit down and talk with him like the grown adults that you are. Let him see the other side of the situation. If I were you, I'd cut off contact with your mother. For the events happening at her home, I'd go and stay for a short time, and then go home. If your husband and kid want to stay, let them stay there, until they figure out what's going on with you and finally come around to see your side of the story.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2010