engorged milk duct?

i breastfeed my last baby for 4 months(that was 8 months ago).but i woke up this morning and i have an engorged milk duct.i am concerned since i am not breastfeeding and have no idea why this would happen.any ideas?could this happen if your pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Some women make milk for years after pregnancy, even if they didn't breast feed. You may have a clog.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Can you express it? Take a hot shower for the pain and tylenol.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• no im not able to express it unfortunetly.
    singlemotherkim

Answer by singlemotherkim at 11:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• This happened to me, about 4 months after I stopped breastfeeding. A lot of women keep making milk for a long time, even if it's just a trickle. A nurse at the health department told me to take some ibuprofen and a hot shower, then to lay with my head toward my SOs feet and have him suckle the nipple. She said something about the angle being better for getting the clot out. It worked like a charm, the plug was gone within a minute! It feels kinda silly, but it works.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2010