Do my kids behave worse when I'm exhausted,

or am I just not as equipped to deal with them?

Goodnight, all!

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol. That question followed by goodnight. Maybe both. I bet they pick up on you being tense or tired and that makes them feel a little tense too. When we're tired I think we are all a little shorter on patience ;) ((hugs)) mama, tomorrow is a new day.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 11:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• your tolerence is less and you deal with them differently. I feel the smae way!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• lol well your kids aren't the only ones...i didn't get any sleep last night b/c my son decided he wanted to play from 1am until 3am then he wanted to be a little butt today, good thing my dd had a friend over today b/c that kept her occupied so i could deal with my one year old lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It appears they behave worse because you are exhausted. They are probably behaving about the way they always do, but you are run down so it affects you more. You are equipped to deal with them. You just need to do it differently. No more punishment or rewards, no more raising your voice (assumption on my part, could be wrong), no time outs.

Take a few minutes to check out this website. It is an eye opener.

http://tinyurl.com/2e9osmu

I watched the videos and read all the info they provided for free to educate myself. Not saying you need to get the ebook, but trust me what you can learn just from browsing the site provides hope! My next pay day I'm buying it and will start a blog to track my progress.
    DeeMomOfFour

Answer by DeeMomOfFour at 11:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No they get worse when you feel worse they are mean and conniving little brats! :) haha. I go through the same thing
    greenbeanmoma

Answer by greenbeanmoma at 11:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I agree with this---It appears they behave worse because you are exhausted. They are probably behaving about the way they always do, but you are run down so it affects you more
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Sometimes, I believe my kids know when I'm exhausted and it makes them act up even more. If nothing else, walk outside for a few minutes to collect yourself and get some fresh air.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:13 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• you have less patience and energy to deal with them, and they feed off your mood and it makes them act worse. Mine are the same way.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 12:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My son is the same way. And he is generally a sweetheart, but on mornings where I am just dragging, why does he decide to really test his little 2 year old limits?? I am glad I am not hte only one. I usually have an iced coffee, wake up a little, and if that doesn't work then we get in the car and go somewhere else. Walking him around walmart seems to be easier than wrangling him at home when I am exhausted and he is being pesky.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2010