SUICIDE

i was told that suicide is the biggest sin of all..cause u can't repent after committing suicide..
it this true..
is suicide the biggest sin?
can u repent suicide or ask forgiveness bfor u die?
or do u really go to HELL for committing suicide?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• the truth? i don't know. no one holds the keys to eternity (but God, if you're a xtian.) although, logically speaking, if you're dead, you can't talk, so how would you be able to ask forgiveness? maybe people who commit suicide DO ask for forgiveness right beforehand...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Everyone has different views on this whole thing. I personally do not think suicide is the biggest sin of all. I think crimes against children are. And I also believe that in some circumstances, God sees the person's pain and hurt, and sees that some of their lives are really a living hell...not that that makes suicide okay, but I believe in God's eyes, he might find compassion for those people and understand why they couldn't find the strength to go on. But yes I do believe its true that once you die, there is no asking for forgiveness. I believe you can only ask for forgiveness in your mortal life and once you die, the book is closed and your fate is sealed.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Suicide is a cry for help. Granted, taking a life is a sin, even if it's your own. But God looketh on the heart. He understands your real intentions.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 12:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yeah mama once you die thats it no turning back and you cant ask for forgiveness before hand its not possible...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 11:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I always wondered this to, I ask my pastor one day he said he cant find one thing in the Bible that says you will go to Hell if you commit suicide as a Christian. Once Saved always Saved, but if you are not saved you will go to hell. I hope you are not considering this though!
    greenbeanmoma

Answer by greenbeanmoma at 11:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I believe a saved person can commit suicide. I've seen it (not literally) happen before. According to the Bible, if you are saved, then you're going to heaven. So if you are saved, and commit suicide, then you go to heaven. It does not matter if you are able to ask forgiveness after the fact. Once you are saved, your sins are washed away and you can enter into heaven. But you cannot get saved after you die.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• oh no i no thinking about it but i have thought about it many times bfore when i was coming up as a teen..honestly this may be the only reason that i didnt actually committ suicide..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i have been trying to find somewhere in the bible that said suicide was a sin or the biggest sin rather..but i never even thought about if God had compassion ppl individaul circumstances like that..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• but isnt suicide murder whether u kill your self or someone else..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• ok tho i never thought about it like that..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2010