wHAT CAN i DO TO STOP CLENCHING MY TEETH EVEN IN MY SLEEP I'M DOING IT AND ITS CAUSING ME PAIN ON ONE SIDE

heartofgold408

Asked by heartofgold408 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Health

• Get a night guard. You can get inexpensive ones at a drug store, or talk to your dentist.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 11:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• IDK why but I do it too. My doc is thinking Trigeminal (spelling) Neuralgia or TMJ
    SinfulBliss

Answer by SinfulBliss at 11:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Do you have a tendency to grind your teeth when you are awake? I had this problem and it got to the point that my back teeth started breaking. If you have pain in your ears, the pain can come from your teeth. I learned this the hard way. I'd get a mouthguard and start saving you teeth. If you have a lot of anxiety or stress going on, see if your doctor can give you something to relax temporarily to see if it helps.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:11 AM on Oct. 10, 2010