I recently had my first child and he was a c-section. Because of the surgery, I cannot bend foward when using the rest room to wipe and it is the second day in a row that i call my husband to help and i have to wait 5 minutes because he's playing video games. Whats the nicest way to tell him that I need help without bossing him around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ummmmmmm.... you dont need to be nice about the situation! You were pregnant for 9 months, you got sliced open to deliver your baby, you are sore and weak and probably exhausted. Your husband should STEP up and help you and the baby out and stop being a baby himself and focus on you guys and not his stupid video game.
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• try to scoot forward wo bending i'd never ask my dh for help with that!
    Anonymous

• My suggestion would be to get his attention BEFORE going into the restroom, that way he'll be readily available to assist :) I'm so serious, try it! Just explain to him that you need some help & you'd like him to walk you to the bathroom when you need to go.
    Sugarfoot69

Answer by Sugarfoot69 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Take that remote and send it to me,,,all done!
    Anonymous

• Hmmmm... I never had that problem after my c/s. After 5 minutes I would have thought you would have drip-dried by then. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I don't think i would have a nice way! He needs to helping you with whatever you need & turn the games off!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I had this same problem when I got sick.. thank god that is over with... but i would ask my husband to bring me a towel and he would take forever then he would come in there and make me rush thru the question so he could get back to his game until one day i just really went off on him and now when i call him he is there in the blink of an eye without the controller in his hand and he is not rushing me anymore... I think you might have to let him know that you need his help and you need it right then not when he gets ready..
    MrsTillman

Answer by MrsTillman at 11:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You just gave birth to his baby and he's playing video games are you serious He either get his ass up off those video games andhelp you out or he can get out lazy bum,these men will walk all over you if you let them but don't give him that satisfaction even though he's the baby's father and your husband so I can't tell ytou what to do.My son's father was not there for me when I had our child even when he was called to come to the hospital so you can imagine how pissed when he showed up two days after his son was born by c-section five years ago.He was only there because he had an appointment in another hospital so he could stay for awile,he wasn't there 5 minutes before I had him escorted out for being verbally abusive and he almost dropped my child so yes I sent him out on his ass andtold security not to let him come back upstairs to my room and he's still a jerk after 5 years and I don't want anything to do with him at all.
    mommys1luv

Answer by mommys1luv at 11:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• ummm, tell him to stop playing flippin video games, you just had a c-section and his baby! He should be there ASAP if hes home!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2010