Sick of the negativity!!!

So here's the deal.....I think I'm married to a child trapped in a man's body. My husband refuses to help with housework, unless I beg him, barely does anything other than go to work & watch ESPN....YES, I realize this is the so-called 'typical' man. But I"m SICK AND TIRED of being a mother to him and our toddler. I'm sorry, but I need a life too. I work full time, bring home the most bacon, and I'd love to just sit on my ass & watch TV when I get home, but of course I can't relax unless things are at least halfway decent and I have to hop on dinner as soon as I get home. I'm just over it. How can I convince my husband that he's putting an unnecessary burden on me by not cleaning up after himself?

Sugarfoot69

Asked by Sugarfoot69 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I do not have any answers, but here is a ((hug)) and a bump for you!
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 11:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• He knows, he just does not care?
    Do you fix dinner for him?
    Who is the stupic one>
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• @tootoobusy---Yes, I'm sure that he does know....and, I fix dinner for MYSELF mainly (I'm also a trained chef and I don't like his cooking, so really, I'm quite fine with cooking dinner)....now, doing the dishes as well is another matter. I guess I'm just saying that I am a slight neat freak, and I despise a nasty home. I just hate that I have to constantly pick up after him (crumbs on the floor, dirty dishes, dirty clothes, etc etc etc....) just to keep my home clean.
    Sugarfoot69

Comment by Sugarfoot69 (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• @blessedwithree---thank you so very much ;) I really really appreciate it!
    Sugarfoot69

Comment by Sugarfoot69 (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You need to tell him that he is old enough to clean up after himself, that he is not a child. Me and my SO, when I cook, he washes the dishes. Why can't he do that? He can clean too, I bet he's lazy. You shouldn't have to clean up after him. I'd leave his stuff where it is for a few days and see what he says. Just pick up after yourself and your toddler.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have been married for 23 years. he is a great father and husband, but a slob. He has never mopped a floor, dusted or cleaned a refrigerator. It took me about 10 years to get use to it, we also have 3 sons and I work full time. By the way, I don't know how old he is, but it takes men until around 35 to being to mature. Good Luck
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 12:23 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Set up hidden cameras and record video of him being sloppy, him refusing to help you, him lazing around on the couch while you clean up, basically everything. Then you edit the footage and sit him down and show him what he's really like. In this day and age, proof is king and video is the best proof.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think you should let the cable get disconnected (tell him that there was a miscommunication or something and your cable's been disconnected for x time). Have you tried bribing him with sex or something to get him off his ass?

There goes Fistandantalus with awesome advice again. =)
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2010