Why do you believe what you believe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because its what makes the most sense to me, especially after all my study, because its what resonates with me, what I genuinely feel. I feel at home - and I feel its where my relationship with God has taken me, where I'm meant to be. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I studied for myself. I read, I asked questions, and then...
    I prayed about it. I asked God, and felt I was answered.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 11:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I believe that there is a God, even though sometimes he doesn't seem to be around when needed. We've had our ups and downs. Personally, I believe that you shouldn't have to go to church to prove that you believe, and I think all denominations should simply be combined and it just be Christianity. Most of this is because I was baptized and confirmed Catholic, but after a lot of thinking, I realized that I don't identify with being Catholic, I simply identify with being Christian. There are quite a few Catholic ways that I don't agree with...mainly dealing with confession, I don't feel the need to confess my sins to someone else in order to be forgiven, if I feel the need to be forgiven, I will pray to God myself...and I don't agree with that if someone was to confess that they murdered or raped or something heinous, the Father can't go to the police about it...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 11:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I feel it in my heart to be true
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I follow my heart, it has never lead me astray. When I was a small child, I was taught a different path, yet, this was always, even from that young age, my path - It was always what I understood to be right, even though it went against everything I was being taught, it just came naturally... As I grew older and began to explore religions and traditions of the world and ancient cultures I found out there were always people who believed like I did, my beliefs weren't all that unusual or wrong, like I was told... The more I learned the more I understood this was just a part of who I am, a part of me... They still are, they always will be.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Because I believe it. ;-)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Because it makes sense to me, it feels real to me.

Plum419

Answer by Plum419 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Proof.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I feel in my heart that it is right and I want to do right by Him.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010