Implanon side effects ?

I was just wondering what other peoples experiences were w/ implanon I had it inserted 2 weeks post partum I was still bleeding and I know it's only been 4 weeks so I am still probably having postpartum bleeding but I have heard about constant periods and a bunch of other crazy side effects I was really wondering if anyone had actually had any of them ?

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Health

• i have it and have had no side effects except lil spotting and alot of moodiness.
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Answer by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 11:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I had unpredictable periods. After the initial period of bleeding for what seemed like months, I would skip periods only to then have a super heavy, super long one. I gained about 40 lbs. I lost my sex drive. I absolutely hated implanon and had it removed. I have heard some women have no side effects, but I was not so lucky.
    motheram

Answer by motheram at 11:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010