family problems---help me

I got an email now---@ 10:28 pm to come to a family gathering tommarrow---I am astranged from my family-they do not like my SO because he is older than me and a recovering alcholic and he is a stay at home step father for my kids. I work-they never said if he was invited or not- and I assume but in reality I know they hate him. My aunt invited me it is on my uncle-her brothers land it is a cook out and my uncle(her brother) has told my mother (his ex siter in law he is my deceased fathers brother) that he does not want us on his land because we might come to drunk and fall down and sue him. What should I email her back or pretend not to have gotten the email.??? I was thinking of emailing her this::: Are you sure I am invited---you better ask your brother, I might come out there drunk and fall down and sue someone. And tell her I love them all but that is what he had told my mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• yeah i think u should email her what u said
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Why would your Aunt invite you to your uncle's house knowing how he feels? I wouldn't show up unless I knew for sure you really were meant to be there. Or a better alternative rather than sending an e-mail. You could just tell her that you already made plans for tomorrow. Why didn't she call you considering it is tomorrow? A lot of people wouldn't have got an e-mail in time. Do what you feel is right.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:00 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• OP HERE: I did it !!! I emailed her---- I am so nervous I have a stomach ache and now I will not sleep all night, I might as well just sleep on the bathroom floor!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You need to remind them that alcoholism is a disease. Would they not invite him if he had cancer? I would not go as it might make your SO uncomfortable. He is probably a great guy, or else why would you allow him to help raise your kids? Your family is being sort sighted and petty. I don't think it has to do with his disease at all. Good Luck.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 12:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• OP HERE:: I don't think she has my number, I have been estranged from the family since my fathers death really over 20 years ago I have tried to reconnect to them without any luck, then when my SO and I have been together (the last three years) it has been worse, it makes me cry thinking about it all----I usually just push it all deep down inside and try not to think about it. And I haven't even seen my Grandmother(the one I see the most since June) I think she invited me to see my Grandma, I heard from people in town she is failing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• See your grandmother. Hold your pride and see your grandmother. If you don't, you'll never forgive yourself for not seeing her.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2010