Ever since I got pregnant, my husband refuses to let me wear clothing to bed because he says my body is beautiful and facinating. I find all other pregnant women beautiful except myself so how can i tell him that i'm unfomfortable with my body?

im 6 months along

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• "Honey, thank you for appreciating me. But *MY* body, my choice."

When you are more comfy you might wear a little less...

??
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• What a blessing that he is so supportive of your changing body. I would try to embrace it. Tell him you are having a hard time seeing yourself as he does, ask him to help you. Maybe if he specifically tells you what he finds beautiful/attractive about your pregnant body, you will be able to see yourself in a more beautiful way.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 12:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I would just tell him I don't feel comfortable and that I will be wearing whatever the hell I feel like. But that's just me!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Just sit him down and talk to him one night about how you feel. He sounds like he is super supportive so he will probably understand. That being said, it is a LOT more comfy than wearing clothes lol... i just wore undies and it was awesome.
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 12:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Awww..I think he is sweet and very thoughtful to think this way...you know how many men out there who call their pregnant wife/so "fat" no don't feel ashamed pregnant women are awesome, there is nothing like carrying another little person inside and he appreciates that...try to stop seeing it your way and think about his perspective and be thankful he is who he is....I'm sorry if I'm gushy about i t but I have known to many men who degrade pregnant women for being "fat" so when I hear of a sensitive man I like it
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• honestly and bluntly. just tell him you are uncomfortable being naked in bed and prefer to wear clothes. he can't make you go naked! I love my body more when I'm big and pregnant, but I still don't want to be naked in bed. Having all the extra bluges and skin overlapping is just hot and sweaty!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 12:05 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• maybe wear like one of his shirts. i wish my hubby told me that. he said i looked like a whale
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I'm in the same situation.(or was..im now getting used to it) I just told him its really hard for me to adjust to my body changing. I also try to see his point of view and embrace the fact that he loves and appreciates it. I think the more time that goes on you'll get used to yourself changing too
    MamaLolove

Answer by MamaLolove at 12:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You are a big girl and can wear whatever you want to bed. Tell him it makes you more comfortable, blame it on the hormones... but as an adult, you can do what you want.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• ahh, that is so sweet, my ex wouldnt even touch my stomach when I was preggo, he said it creeped him out. I always wear clothes to bed, something to cover up and feel secure in, someone just mentioned wearing his shirt,,,I think that is perfect
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2010