What type of schooling have you chosen, and why?

Private, Public or Homeschool?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:11 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in

• Public for now. My oldest is in 1st grade.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 12:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• We have tried all three, and my youngest may indeed be un-schooled.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 12:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• We'll be homeschooling, my husband and I are both homeschool graduates and wouldn't go any other way with our children =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Public. Well that is what it is going to be when he is old enough. I dont have the money for private school and some of my family was homeschooled and they did not know how to handle social situations and I dont want my son to be "weird" because he dosnt know how to act around other people. (i am not saying that home schooled kids are weird in any way, that is just what my sister used to say about my couisns)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• We are home schooling our children. Our first 2, ages 25 &19 were home schooled & we are now home schooling our 4 & 5 yr olds. Wouldn't have it any other way... at least for now.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My son has always gone to public school. Now that he is in high school, he goes to a charter school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Private, for the moment. It's a struggle to pay for it, but I feel better knowing that she's in the hands of many of the same teachers/administrators and friends I had while growing up. If the opportunity presented itself, I would seriously consider homeschooling because I feel like there is so much that can be gained from outings, one-on-one time, special education-related family vacations - things that don't always come from sitting behind a desk in a classroom. I guess we'll just have to see where things go from here.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• homeschool, for a long list of reasons. he's thriving and working at his own pace, we accomplish a great deal without spending nearly as much of the day as a public school does.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• We've tried all three and are now homeschooling. My kids can advance at their own pace & not have to wait for slower kids to catch up or be left behind if they don't understand; they do not have to deal with inept teachers, bullies, drugs, or threats to their safety (yes, I know not all schools are like that but ours is); we are free to go out more often so they get plenty of experience in real world situations with all age groups; I know if they're struggling with a concept and can immediately address it; and they don't waste time with mundane things like standing in line to go to lunch or the bus or use the bathroom.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• public...i did my investigation on the school my kids go to and its a great school they have many programs and a good parent teacher communication system...it is top school in the county an A+ school...i love it...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 4:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2010