What Punishments Do You Pass Out In Your Household To A Defient Teenager?

Example: Late to a curfew, failing grades, talking back,etc...

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Grades: He deals with the natural consequences of poor grades.
    Attitude and anything else...I take away what he prizes the most. If it gets that bad, I will take everything but his bed and clothes from him and he has to earn it all back.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Taking away cellphones, the computer, ipod,xbox, anything they really care about geneally works. And extra chores, ones they really hate to do. And not being allowed to go out to friends houses if they cannot be home by curfew.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• For my son's poor grades, I told him that we would have 1 inch cut from his hair (he is growing it out long) for every grade below a C on his weekly progress report. He shaped up pretty quickly ;)
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 12:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have 2 teenage sisters and they seem to shape up pretty quickly when my mom threatens to take their phones away lol
    CookiMakinMomma

Answer by CookiMakinMomma at 12:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Late to curfew- not mature enough to handle adult privileges without supervision-grounded...or has to be supervised for a period of time.

Poor grades- if you don't have time to do your homework or study...well, you don't have time for a social life, tv, computer, video games.....(we did put one of them on a weekly progress report at school so that the punishment was week to week.

Talking Back- This is one of the things on "Mom's Dirty Word List" Talking back is "dirty talk", and if you say something on my dirty word list.....you scrub something dirty in the house......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• ds and phone. Take it away he can earn it back. Gotta admit tho the hair thing sounds good to me. Mine is growing his out and refuses to comb it. Bwaaa hA ha ha ha
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2010