Have you ever had a friend with benefits? Was it beneficial?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope i hate to be used in any way shape or form and i will never use anyone for my own personal needs...if i need something that bad i am independent enough to get it with the help of me and only me. i hate giving someone any satisfaction to hold something over my head.
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I started sleeping with a friend of mine just before I met my husband, and I consider it to be a bad mistake. we should have left things the way they were.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• never a good idea someone will always end up hurt
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Had one and totally regret it now because once I met my husband, the other guy (who never wanted anything more than what we were doing) all of a sudden acted like I was the bad guy for leaving our little arrangement because it was supposedly more than friends with benefits. Bad mistake to ever get involved like that
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 12:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I had one, kind of. I was dating his best friend, but his best friend (my boyfriend) wasn't able to give me the attention and affection (cuddling, mostly) that I needed to have. So, while I was having the physical relationship with my boyfriend, I had the emotional relationship with his best friend (and roommate, to boot). It was a good set-up, I think.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• No. I only ever wanted to be with my husband and that's what I've done.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 2:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Sure have and as long as the benefits are mutual, it's beneficial. But as with all relationships, yes a FWB is a relationship, there are ups and downs. You just don't have expectations of permanency as it's just all in good fun.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yep and yep then I met DH and all was done without any hurt feelings...he was sweet and fun thats all...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010