Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

He said he is going to take my child away...

So long story short , my baby's father is super abusive... I dance ( stripping.... Please don't judge) I went to school but couldn't finish becaue he was so controlling .... Today he slammed me on the ground and told me he is going to take my son away because "I'm a dumb stripper b*tch" and took my car keys... He isn't on my son's birth certificate and he has beat me numerous times... he has a hourly job.... can he take my son because I don't have an hourly job? I live in WA....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (12)
  • Why didnt you call the police when he did that?! No you dont have to have an hourly job to keep your babies. As long as you have an income, a stable environment, you should be fine. Call the police if he touches you again. Dont let him get away with that BS>

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • I don't know WA laws. In CA no. Did you/have you reported his abuse? If you haven't, you should. Call your local battered women's shelter, they can refer you to a local legal specialist that will help you. Don't, DON'T let him bully you. GET HELP NOW. For you , and your child. ((hugs)) I am praying for you. your safety, and strength.

    Answer by blessedwithree at 12:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • If you want to talk you can pm/message me. No judgement.

    Answer by blessedwithree at 12:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • what the ladies have said is right on,,,cm has some amazing dv groups here. You need to start documenting everything, get police reports and a paper trail going. Im here if you want to talk,,pm me

    Answer by beyondhopes at 12:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • First he has to prove he is the father. Then he needs to prove you unfit. I dont feel being a stripper is being unfit. I dont think you have anything to worry about. But document everything he does and you need to get outof the abusive relationship.Maybe call the demestic hotline. Take care and good luck!

    Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 12:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • if this happened today, call right away, they may still be able to do something.
    please call the police on this guy, this is a problem!
    your job is not something to be ashamed of at all!

    Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • you said numerous times which means none of it really matters until you are absollutly ready to say no more . i did it for 11 years with 5 kids. so when you get to your breaking point file charges and if you really think he could win a custody case make sure your you have a protective order for you and your son say somethin like you fear for his safety and you truely believe he could ham your child

    Answer by ch2727 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • Get legal help. Google your state and the words "bar association" Search the site for pro bono (free) legal help.

    Answer by elizabr at 10:17 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • Call the police and file a report. After that, try to find some free legal aid at least for a free legal consultation. During that consultation, you'll be made aware of your options and you'll be able to progress further.

    Answer by _Tam_ at 1:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • you need to file a report with the police and have him charged...everytime! When you let it go and don't do anything he knows he has you where he wants you...if you are truely ready to move forward that is the first step and the second one is contact your local DV center to help you get out with your life and child!

    Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.