How would you feel?

How would you feel if your hubby had a choice on wether or not he wanted to deploy to afghanistan, and he chose to deploy for a year?This just happend to me, we have 3 kids and this will be his third deployment.I have always supported him in what he does but this just makes me frusterated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• When they deploy overseas for a long period of time, many instances it's because it's more money every month. Each time they're paid, the money received while in a war zone is TAX FREE. The downside for that is when you file your taxes, you'll get less than normal.

I think he's doing this so he can better provide for you financially. Those serving in our military feel this is the best way to do that.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You must know his reasons. Are they money related? Does he feel strongly about serving his country? I doubt he's simply trying to get away from you.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My husband just came back in the beginning of the year.. we have two kids -- one was born a month after he got back and a two yr old -- he decided to cross decks to deploy again at the end of this year.. It pretty much sucks...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Sorry mama but you married in the military and that's how it works. When you're with a man in the military the job usually comes first. I would be proud if my husband volunteered to serve another tour. The military is who he is and I knew that when we married. I know it's hard but what he's doing is a great deed to this country.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Mine gets to pick whether he goes to South America for 3 or 4 months, or Afghanistan for 6 with an additional however long needed for training. I think an extra month or two. He's gonna pick Afghanistan. We really need the money, and from what he's heard, communication from here to there is actually better than if he went somewhere else. I'm not looking forward to it, it'll be our first deployment although we spent most of last year apart, and he'll miss our son's first birthday, christmas, our daughter's third birthday, and my birthday. Lol, we're all crammed in from November to January. (Well, technically DS hasn't been born yet..) But we've gotta do what we've gotta do. I'd find out what his reasons were. I assume he's trying to take care of his family the best he can, even though it really, really sucks.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 12:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2010