why do i worry so much about my children and how do i get it in control

i am always worried about my children and its so overwhelming , i think they are going to be kidnapped or in an accident . it terrifies me and i think i do it more than your average person. how do i stay calm and quit that

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 12:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• When the world becomes a safe place then you'll stop worrying. I still worry like that too.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I worry about that all the time too and people may say it is rare but if it happens once then once is to many times, IMO...
    I don't know if there is a cure or a way to calm down and just trust that all will be okay because we don't know if it really will.
    I have also always worried about things like Cancer and how I could not deal with anything traumatic...all i can do is hope God realizes my lack of coping skills/my fears and makes sure nothing happens
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Pray.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 12:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Let me ask you something...Did you make it without any of this happening to you? Have you taught your children what to watch for? How many accidents have you been in? God says He gives His angels charge over us. If He took care of us, can't He care for our children too? Take it one day at a time. If it is overwhelming, maybe you need to discuss your fears with someone. The last thing in the world you want is for your children to carry that kind of a burden as well. Being fearful limits our ability to trust, have confidence, and allows us to become a prisoner in our own mind. It then spill into the lives of those around us. Before you know it, you'll not have the ability to leave your house or reason through situations. Please, for peace of mind, either talk to God about it or to someone who is professionally acquainted with this behavior. I hope this helps free you so you can really live & so will your children
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• sounds like an anxiety disorder! I have it, but i have meds to help control it, talk to your doc
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2010