Who do you think represents the family ideal better?McCain or Obama?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon 3:24 ... that was BIDEN.

McCain came home from the POW camp and cheated on and then left his wife who had waited faithfully for him, because she was disfigured by an accident while he was in the POW camp. He married his mistress. You've probably heard of her, her name is Cindy. He has called her a c*nt in public.

Whereas, Obama has been married to a woman he clearly loves and respects for, what, 18 years now? They both seem incredibly happy, and they have two happy kids that they are clearly involved with and committed to.

So I'm gonna have to say that Obama better represents MY family ideal.
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 6:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• McCain of course

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Obama, most definitely. I'm not saying that because I'm voting for him, but I truly believe it. He's been married to the same woman for sixteen years, they have two gorgeous kids, and they seem to be very, very happy. McCain may have a happy family NOW, but he's had his 'issues' in the past.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Obama
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I really couldn't answer that until I spent some time alone with them and each of their families. Honestly, that's not what I'm voting for. You can have a messed up family and be a great politician, and have a great family but be terrible at your job.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• It depends on your family every family is different so I could not possibly answer
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 2:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• McCain. I love how he still calls his ex-wife's kids, his own. He adopted them, and accepted full responsibility for them. He also has an adopted daughter, that Cindy had discovered and fell in love with on one of her missions abroad. I just think it shows such an open and loving heart to be able to accept so many children and to love them the same even if they are not biologically yours.
    Anonymous

• If I'm looking at a marriage of partnership, caring, friendship, attraction and love, gotta go with Obama. I think that for the first time in a LONG time we will have a marriage of no secrets in the White House when he is elected. How could McCain not know his wife was addicted to drugs for so long? He still completely denies he knew she was an addict. And that's someone in the same house(s). I think the Senator is a fine man but I do not hold their marriage up as any sort of example. So yeah, Obama for many, many reasons and certainly his marriage and family are one.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Obama, he dind't cheat on his disabled wife and leave her for someone more "suitable".
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 4:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Married once and still married, hasn't been overheard calling his wife a c**t, didn't have a long term affair while married....I suppose it depends on what you classify as family, but Obama seems to do the traditional ideal culture monogamy better than McCain. He also appears to be more respectful and aware of his wife.
    profmom922

Answer by profmom922 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2008