Do your kids say the pledge of Allegiance?

I was surprised that my 5 yr old knows it so well and his whole class does it every ...I am proud of the teacher for her keeping with the same morning routine that is so rare these days in the schools and it is sad.
My 3 girls went to a different elementary school in the suburbs and it was not allowed...then we moved to a rural area and this school is the way school should be, even at Christmas they have a huge Christmas tree in the foyer.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 12:51 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, he knows it and he will be 4 in 2.5 weeks. He was running around saying it the other day to me and my friends and I told him what an awesome job he did and he replied, yup Miss Julie taught me!
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 5:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yes my kids do, we home school. that is awesome there are some really wonderful teacher all over this country!
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I was going to post about this at some point, but havent yet. My teens, in high school, say the Pledge Of Allegiance, every am during 2nd period. I have been racking my brains and for the life of me, I do not remember at my public high school, saying the Pledge every single day! I dont remember saying the Pledge at all during high school, unless we where at a football game or something.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My oldest is 4, so no, he doesn't know it. But our schools here do say it every morning over the loud speaker and the kids are taught it in Kindergarten. Now, IF my children choose not to say it, that's fine, I will back up that choice, or if they choose to say an altered version - like I do - that's fine too... However, I would never back up a choice to disrespect the Pledge or those who do choose to say it, should we ever have to cross that bridge.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• All of my 3 boys know it from school.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:53 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My DS's school says it every morning. Everyone on campus is expected to stand and say the pledge along with morning prayer
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes, I think after 9/11 it made a comeback in school!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:17 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My kids all say it at their schools every day (currently 4th, 5th and 7th grade), and have said it since preschool.

Answer by missanc at 8:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• YES-He has know it since Preschool.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yes, we are a military school district ( army) and God is left out of nothing especially the pledge since it is a massive part of our country!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 10, 2010