My baby has a slight underbite..she is 2.5..is it too early to take her to the dentist or should I wait until she is at least 3 or 4?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It may be too early to fix it, but take her to the dentist and let them look at it. I bet they will give you a plan of action or maybe just piece of mind. ;)
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 12:59 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Definitely not to early to start a relationship with the dentist. Our ped dentist wants kiddos to be in for a checkup by 18 months.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• As soon as your baby has teeth they are old enough to go to the dentist.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 1:13 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Going to the dentist is fine, but there isn't anything they can do to correct the bite til tehy have their adult teeth and then an orthodontist would do it.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 1:55 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I guess it depends on who you listen to... My dentist says children have no need to see a dentist until they start to loose their teeth unless they are in pain... My Peds says they should see one around 3 regardless of issues... But when she gave me contact info for the dentist she recommends, it was my dentist... Talk about mixed signals!

I would say, if you have concerns, it can't hurt to at least talk to a dentist and see what they have to say...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I would atleast call the dentist. My dd started going when she turned 2yrs old. Good luck!
    LaceyLovesMacey

Answer by LaceyLovesMacey at 8:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Its not tioioIts not too early to see a dentist. The American Academy Of Pediatric Dentistry wants them seen at 12 months. As do alot of pedis. But they cant do anything about it until the adult teeth come in.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Weird, i didnt type that tioiolts word on there???
    carsonsmommytam

• I would wait. My son has an underbite as well and I have asked several times because I was worried about it... and I've been told that they wanted all of his teeth in first and that they would get the best look at around 3 when they are able to sit still and follow directions the best. I was also told that they wouldn't do anything at this age anyway with the baby teeth so I shouldn't worry.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• If you are concerned you can try to get them in, be aware that some dentists won't take children until they are 3 or older (even though they recommend they want to see them no more than 6 months after they cut their first tooth.)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2010