How many of you moms check your kids Halloween candy before letting them have any?

I go through it all VERY carefully & usually end up throwing half of it out. If it's at all questionable, it gets tossed. I was talking to a few moms at school the other day & was SHOCKED to find out that they don't check the candy first! What about you ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I always did, no little ones anymore but if I did have some, yes I would go thru it all piece by piece!
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 2:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• this is the first year I will actually be doing this as my son is 15 months old but yes I will be checking it very very thoroughly
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I always do! Any wrappers that are loose or any candy that looks questionable goes straight to the garbage. My children's safety is first and foremost.....my husband thinks I'm nuts but I feel better doing it. I actually had a friend who let her friends trick or treat then threw all their candy away at home. She would go buy bags of candy and re-fill their bags with her own...I thought that was pretty insane but hey...she felt better about it!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• ALL home made stuff goes into the trash. if it is open it also goes into the trash.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• If by "check the candy" you mean take all out all the really good stuff first and put it up "safely" for Mom and Dad....then yup, we check.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I always go through my kids candy and like you all the questionable gets tossed,and I take all the chocolate out and limit their use they get very hyped on it so we dont give it to them all in one big heap.you cant be too careful these days,my mom always checked mine when I went trick or treating and that was 37 yrs ago times werent as bad as they are now with all of the candy poison and things.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 4:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Always check it. We stash it and hand it out sparingly ( to my boys sugar is rocket fuel).
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 8:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Homemade gets tossed out. If a wrapper is ripped or torn in gets tossed. I will squeeze all the wrapped candy and if it has no air in it, it gets thrown out as well. Wouldent want my kids to eat a needle punctured candy bar.
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2008