Do you feel like you are very different then the other mothers around you?

I feel out of place alot. I'm in my late 20's but I'm still a total rocker chick. I however am very mature but I'm sure I'm not seen that way due to the way I dress, jeans and skull shirts.

And I the only one that looks around and says I dont fit with these other parents. And i'm talking like at parks and dropping my son off at school. And no one else dresses like me at all.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 1:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Everyone is unique.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• All the time... Even my friends have very different views on children than I do. I'm a very liberal, attachment & free range combo parent... My kids have the freedom to do just about whatever as long as it doesn't put them in harms way. They aren't sheltered from anything and have a better education about things like religion, sex, and drugs than most kids twice their age... In a world where most parents want to shield their kids from the world, my kids can navigate it... So yeah, I rarely find anyone who agrees with my parenting - and that's okay.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes I do. Different ways then you but yes. I live on an army base and I am surronded by young army wives/ moms. I don't really fit in with none of them and fill out place lots of times.

We just don' t click, we have different interests. But that's okay, people are different. It would be a boring world if everyone looked an acted the same!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I know I don't "fit" in with other parents...I don't really care to be honest lol...I would rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I feel like I am 15 years younger than everyone else and they have commented on the fact I don't get makeup on to drop kids off at school (I don't wear it for any other reason so why would I start to drop them off?). They are always wearing suits too... I guess im not as professional as they are!
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 1:13 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well.. I look way young for my age... so they probably wonder why someone who looks like 16 or so has two young children.. when I am actually 22 with two young children.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I live in Los Angeles. Lots of people wear skull shirts. I think a lot of people feel like they don't fit in at some point in their life. One day you'll wake up and not really care what others are thinking. To be honest they probably aren't thinking anything anyway. I like being different. Embrace it.
    kimsardo

Answer by kimsardo at 2:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yeah, pretty much. I'm 25 and a young mother, but I really don't care if I don't fit in, lol. As long as I am happy. my ds and my family is happy thats all that matters =)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Hah! I'm 40 with two young children and still tend to wear skull shirts, concert shirts, jeans/boots, etc. And....I live in MAINE. Talk about out of place o.O

Don't let it rent space in your brain. Being different (unique is a "softer" word) is a good thing....at least you're being true to who you are.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:48 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Oh yes. I'm in my mid 30's and wear jeans and t-shirts, usually no makeup and my hair in a ponytail. I joined a mom's club 2 1/2 years ago and was apparently the only one who didn't have designer clothes and the only one who did not rush to the salon before every playdate. These days, I could not care less if I fit in. My kids are happy, I'm comfortable in my own skin and I'm okay with who I am.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2010