SO doesn't remember BD should I tell him? adult content

Last night was my SO's Bday and he had a few drinks, I guess 1 to many cause he is claiming not to remember the night in full. Like us doing the BD with out any protection. We had been talking about TTC#2 but I recently lost my job, and I have been going back and forth if we should really try. Last night in bed we talked about it for maybe 20 mins and finally decided to go for it. But today he made the comment that he didn't really remember that part of the night. which total floored me because I didn't think he was THAT drunk I figured buzzed maybe tipsy but blackout not at all.

So my question is should I tell him? Should I drop it? I'm just completely floored and sorta hurt that he doesn't remember=/

quila_sunrise

Asked by quila_sunrise at 1:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think you should tell him so there's no surprises if you end up pregnant.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I would tell him, and tell him what you shared with us too. That you are kind of hurt . . .
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 1:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I would def. tell him so there is no surprise if you get pregnant...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• well first of all he should be having talks like that intoxicated..... lameo... but he may also be playing a front and does remember and didn't think it was to serious untill you brough it up the next day.... but other then that he needs to man up and take responsablity even if he doesn't remember what he said...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well if you end up pregnant you should definitely tell him. I would give him a "heads up" anyway just in case.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I would tell him but also take this as a learning experience. Don't have serious conversations while either of you are intoxicated.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well I talked to him I told him I didn't want him to be surprised or upset and his response was " I thought we had been trying this whole time, so why would I be surprised" In which i wanted to chock him but I calmly walked away. And I would have never had such a conversation with him if i knew he was actually as drunk as he was. I mean he talked to his cousin for a few hrs and actually had a real in depth conversation. and was playing with the kids, fixed his nephew's stroller wheel. and was acting completely normal. So when I found out the next morning that he had no recollection of a good part of the night I was super surprised.
    quila_sunrise

Comment by quila_sunrise (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• yes tell him
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:47 AM on Oct. 11, 2010