Weening from formula to milk advice???

Ok, so my son is only 8 months old but I know how the fast the last few months have flown by so I can only imagine what the next 4 will be like, so I like to be prepared. That being said, do you have any suggestions on just how to make the switch??? Thanks ladies!

melisa.cantrell

Asked by melisa.cantrell at 1:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did it cold turkey with no problem at all. But we were primarily breastfeeding so my son was having perhaps one 6oz formula bottle a day, thats it. I thought he would resist but he didn't seem to even notice. Good luck!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:23 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I would try mixing it and over time putting in less formula and more milk.just to make the switch easy on his tummy.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:13 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have bad advice probably... I just started giving him a sippy cup with juice when he was allowed to have it and he got so used to the sippy... the night before his 1st birthday i just took away bottles and formula... it didnt bother him at all. Good luck
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My son took 6oz bottles- when it was time to go milk(i started weening at 11m) I added 1oz milk/5oz formula. 3 days later 2oz milk/4ozformula. 3 days later..
    Once the milk transition was over I began giving his day time milk in a cup. Still allowing the bottle for morning & before bed.
    Eventually I got rid of the bottles and he was fine with it!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2010