what do you think about the woman taking a crowbar to that lithograph that has been so controversial?

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 1:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the artist got exactly what s/he was looking for ~ and deserved it.

For those of you who are so concerned about violence, maybe you should consider the heartless attack on the feelings of others and think about the fact that all that was attacked was an inanimate object, not a living being.

Perhaps you should consider that living beings have feelings. Putting out crap like that and calling it art is no different than the bully who calls other kids names, or what "Rev." Phelps and co. do every time they go chant at a funeral or harass gays. If you can stand up for the kids that are picked on, or the soldiers' families/gay families, but not those to whom their religion is important than you are a bigot ... at best.

Mean is mean, and sick/twisted is sick/twisted ~ regardless of who/what the target is.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well, it was controversial "art" to begin with. There was controversy before the woman destroyed it. And now her doing so is controversial because some agree with her, and some don't.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Someone should take a crowbar to her head....

So you condone freedom of speech as well as violence then?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Lol sounds like she needs a hobby, perhaps one not involving crowbars. People get a little too worked up and offended, I will never understand it. It's just art. You don't like it? Don't look at it.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:05 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It was a crowbar she used? lol damn.. old girl was really worked up.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I find it amazing that someone would even do something like that. If you look at the artwork it is an amazing work of art. But all art work is controversial...There is always someone who disapproves.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think she was exercising her "freedom of expression". The artist claims this for the vulgar content of what is being billed as art and she is claiming it as an expression of how the art made her feel. I think this is a ridiculous story. Saying you can portray anything and call it art is ridiculous. I do thing the better way to show the distain for the work would have been for no one to go see it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think she was exercising her "freedom of expression"

Then she needs to make her own lithograph. What she did is called vandalism, not expression. She's no better than gangs that tag the side of a building or bored kids who run around busting storefront windows. She's a criminal with anger management issues.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Sometimes I think I must live under a rock, even though I know I don't . . . What is this about?
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 1:35 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/national/100710-ncx-woman-attacks-jesus-artwork-with-a-crowbar
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2010