big dairy, and almond allergy slight soy allergy which milk?

Our allergist has previously advised us to allow our daughter to drink/eat soy, even with her slight allergy, but I am thinking she may do better without it al together. she has sleep issues, and red/pink around her eyes, and is often times congested. I think transitioning her to another type of milk might be helpful, but what and how? She is a picky eater :-/

blessedwithree

Asked by blessedwithree at 1:34 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Health

• We use rice milk. My son doesn't like goat's milk, but he will eat goat & sheep cheese. Rice Dream Ice cream.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I've heard that goat's milk can be hypoallergenic. So can rice milk. If your daughter is over the age of 2 you can talk to a nutritionist about how to get her enough calories and nutrients without any kind of milk. If she is under the age of 1 EleCare formula is the least allergenic formula out there. You can get a prescription for it from your pediatrician.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Thanks Rhianna. She's almost 4.
    blessedwithree

Comment by blessedwithree (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Goat! I have a nephew that can't have soy, corn, dairy, sugar, or gluten. He loves his goat milk and cheese!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 1:59 AM on Oct. 10, 2010