does your 3 or 4 year old wake up during the night?

If so . . .do they get in bed with you? Or back to sleep in their own bed?

blessedwithree

Asked by blessedwithree at 2:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter wakes up and she also ends up in bed with us when she does.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• all of mine have gone thru this phase. actually have a 3 year old that does that. sometimes I wake up to a bed full of little people and my DH grumbling and clinging to the edge for dear life. but most nights they go back to thier own beds. although is not unusual to find them asleep in odd places
    wowguildmomma

Answer by wowguildmomma at 2:30 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My 4yo is a bed hopper! He doesn't actually wake up its all sleep walking but you can find him in everyones bed on all of the couches and often the hallway floor throughout the night (no wonder he is so sleepy heh)
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 2:26 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My 3 yr old just started waking in the night, every night about a week ago. She screams and it's almost like she's not really awake. We go in and talk to her and hold her and calm her down and then she goes back to sleeping soundly in her own bed. Sometimes our 7 yr old gets in our bed during the night though. Drives me crazy! I can't sleep with kids in the bed, they wiggle too much. lol
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes he does sometimes. I make him go back into his room unless its morning 6-7 then he can come lay with me because I know he will be getting up soon.

Letting them come lay in your room can be a hard habit to break. I know someone who always let her daughter go to sleep in their bed and now at 6 yrs old, the only way she will go to sleep is in mommies bed... no thank you!! lol
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Wow. I'm so happy to know that this is common. I have a 3 year old girl who started doing this about a month ago. She gets up around 2 or 3 a.m. every morning and comes into my bed. There have been times that she has just used the restroom and then laid down in the hallway and went back to sleep. I usually take her back to her bed, but then she comes back in my room around 5 or 6. I've been getting up every morning with neck aches. . . . Also, I had my mom visiting for 2 weeks. My daughter slept in my mom's bed during the visit and my mom told me that around 2 a.m. my daughter would get restless and would move around. Sometimes she would sit up and talk to her and then go back to sleep.
    Arielles_Mommy

Answer by Arielles_Mommy at 4:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Usually once she's out for the night she doesn't wake back up. Every now and then she'll have an off night, sleep weird hours, or wake up. If she gets scared she will crawl in bed with us for a while, until she takes over on most of the bed! Then I have dh take her back to her own bed!! lol
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 4:30 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• No Thanks GOD & when he did it was only for a drink so Ialways leave a cup of water next to his bed so that when or if he wakes up he'll see it & not come in my room & wake me up for it.
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I send them back to their own bed because I can't sleep with them. It happens about once a week.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:55 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• she use too. she would get her a snack and a juice eat it pee and go back to bed...lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2010