What is the strangest relationship you've ever had

this doesn't have to be a bf/gf relationship. It could be a friendship, a friends with benefits, or any other type of relationship.

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 2:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Lol, this was yrs ago, but it was pretty strange... The several times I ended up talking on the phone, trying to reason with and sympathize (to a point - NOT to the point that I was willing to step out of the picture though!) with my dh's ex fiance who was stalking us.

She had cheated on him, gotten pg by the other guy, and ended it - all before I knew dh. Well, we were married and expecting our second baby when she decided she had made a mistake and wanted him back, tracked us down, and started her crap. Her life was so horrible, her marriage was a mess and she was leaving her dh, she still loved my dh, etc etc etc. She would call even when he was at work, and try to tell me about this (at first, before she got really hostile towards me, prob. because I wouldn't say, oh, sorry, here - I'll leave my dh, you can have him...).

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I was friends with a guy and we would hang out from time to time, but apparently in his mind we were dating. He got really mad at me when he found out I had a nother guy over to spend the night...and he knew this because he was driving by my house (stalker!!!) That was the end of the friendship, but I was seriously creeped out by the whole thing. We never kissed or anything, he never flirted with me. But I still felt like the asshole.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• cont

I tried to be sympathetic to her - marriage can be hard, but maybe they could work it out (her and HER dh, not MINE).. I understand having a little one is hard, but hang in there.. I'm sorry her life is such a mess, maybe counseling could help...

It was all pretty surreal, but I felt so bad for her (at first). But she became very persistent and aggressive - calling all the time (she lived thousands of miles away - this was all long distance! Otherwise, she prob would have been at the house...), then getting mad at me because I didn't understand how much she loved my dh, and how this wasn't my business, bc they used to be engaged...
    My sympathy for her died pretty quick after about a month or so.

Sadly, she ended up stalking us through the phone, mail, etc (she had my dh's ssn and would track us down with a PI) for yrs.
    In fact, just last spring, he got a request from her on facebook. He ignored it of course!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:37 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• my current best friend is my boyfriends ex girlfriend. She would be the person who he was dating when he met me and cheated on her. Me and her "met" over the telephone with her calling me all sorts of names and telling me the types of things he was saying about me. We didn't get along for YEARS and didn't need to. One day though my boyfriend accused me of cheating on him and broke up with me... he told her and she called me. Welcomed me and my kids into her home lol she is awsome! Now my boyfriend thinks all we do is talk about him but come on now... we have tons of everything else to talk about!
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 2:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• OMG I think back now and I say what was I thinking I had gotten divorce and met a guy in the mall where I worked at we liked each other we dated had sex but he was a church goer which I was ok with we even went to church together but the thing I did not like about him was EVERYTIME we had sex he felt that we had to repent and confess our sins EVERYTIME we did it...sorry I thought that was strange finally I met someone else but this was years ago now I am happily married with 2 kids :) Strange wasn't that?
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:50 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I remember about ten years ago, I was always chatting in the Yahoo! Chat rooms, staying mostly in the poetry chats. I started chatting with a guy in there (I still remember his handle) and eventually we started talking on the phone. I don't remember where he lived, but we talked nearly every night. He sometimes still pops up on my Yahoo! Messenger.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2010