Pain in the upper part of my uterus...

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and I've been having sharp pains in the middle upper part of my uterus, right underneath my sternum. It's intermittent and I'm not having any bleeding or any bloody discharge, but was kinda worried about it. Could it be something serious? Or could it be stretching or soreness from him moving there so much?

K_Coleman

Asked by K_Coleman at 3:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Are you sure it's your uterus? It's normal to get pain beneath your sternum in late pregnancy. The baby is getting bigger and is pushing on things, ya know? I wouldn't worry.
    Anonymous

• Ok, thanks. I didn't know that was normal.
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 6:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I'm getting the same pain!!! It feels like I popped a rib out of place or something.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I called the office today because it hadn't stopped and it's really tender and sore still. They are having me come in tomorrow to make sure everything is alright.
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 1:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2008