what time would you put tweens to bed when they stay the nite with your tween

my daughter has her cousins over for the nite, i made them go to bed at 11pm. its saturday night - but seems to not bother any of them so they didn't fall asleep until just now it is almost midnite..

itsamomsworld98

Asked by itsamomsworld98 at 3:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Its ok as long as it isn't a school night imo. If its a school night and its tweens I say no later than 9pm.Kids need more sleep than what most people think.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• what she said about the school, if there is no school or anything to wake up early for, who cares if they stay up until two, it will be a night they will rememeber and talk about when they are in their 30's, if they are just talking and playing who cares, girls will be girls
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• one night of less sleep isnt going to hurt them, i would say if its an every night thing then set a time to go bed, but if its just for a night and its her cousin, let them have fun, ok I am done ranting i just think hey its only one night, whats the harm and they will have so many memories and you can listen to them giggle and have fun being kids, they can stay up late without consequence or guilt and have just pure innocent fun, i wanna have a sleep over with my sister and cousins now
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yeah id say as long as it wasnt a school night 11pm is good and of course they are going to chat giggle and be girls for at least an hr after that, thats part of the fun.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 5:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• On sleep overs I dont put them to bed. I let them stay up as late as they can... isnt that part of the fun????

When they were little (1-4th grade) I would have them lay down by a certain time and tell them "If I dont hear you I will assume you are asleep and not check"

But once they were older, hecK I would dare them to stay up all night....... they never could.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• School nights their in their room between 8:30 - 9. Friday & Saturday its 11pm bedtime. With a friend over - they can stay up as late as they want. That's what a sleep-over is..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• If it was me I would let them stay up as late as they wanted for a sleepover as long as it wasn't a school night, but that's just me.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• lol thats funny because my DH would have sent ours to bed at 9
    kina803

Answer by kina803 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would let them stay up as long as they want, it's a sleepover and that is part of the fun.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Midnight on weekends. They will chat, that's what kids do at sleepovers. :)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2010