ALOT OF A NASTY MUCUS ? 40 WEEKS PREGNANT (PLEASE ANSWER)

I KNOW WHEN YOU GET A MUCUS LIKE WITH BLOOD IT MEANS YOU LOST YOUR MUCUS PLUG I LOST MINES TODAY AROUND 1:00PM IT WAS NASTY AND ALOT BUT NOW IS 4:05AM AND WHEN I WENT TO THE BATHROOM I HAD THE SAMETHING BUT ALOTTTT CAN UR MUCUS PLUG BE SO MUCH LIKE THAT BECAUSE AFTER THE FIRST TIME I SAW IT THIS AFTERNOON EVERYTHING WAS CLEAR AN NORMAL BUT NOW I GOT THE SAME MUCUS BUT MORE WITH BLOOD WHAT COULD IT BE COULD THAT MEAN MY WATER BROKE OR THAT AM IN LABOR?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• when i lost my mucus plug it had no blood adn it was alot i mean alot i had to wipe several times to make sure i cleaned out good and it was green and gooey, a week later i went in to labor if i were you i would get a hold of ur dr to ask and be sure, im sure your water didnt break trust me you will now when that happens, feel like your peeing but you cant stop or control it and it has blood.
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 4:11 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It sounds like your bloody show. It very well may be labor. If you are having contractions I would say its definitely labor. But no your water hasn't broke. It will be continous fluid when it does. Like pee. Like a stream coming out when you pee. But your water doesn't have to break to be in labor. I've had 2 kids and water never did break until the drs did it for me halfway through labor.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:11 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It took me a week to loss mine at 35 weeks and they said its no big deal the plug won't determine when labor comes the fact that you're farthest along it probably will been things are starting for you if your worried your water is leaking go in they'll check if not wait until the contractions come I lost mine w my son at 38 wks and he didn't come until 41 if you bleedany amnt other than just in the mucous go in its always bbetter safe than sorry if they send you home relax and wait for a more sure sign:)
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 4:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Labor go to the ob and see if you are dialated.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes, you lost your plug. No, your water didn't break. And unless you are having contractions bad, you aren't in labor. You may still have a week or two to go.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• you are in labor
    Monique78

Answer by Monique78 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• To some of you: Losing your plug does NOT mean you are in labor. It can be lost and reform many times. Mine was lost 2 weeks before I went into labor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010